Thursday, October 13, 2011

F****************************ck, that hurts....

I had been wanting to get a new tattoo and something to memorialize my precious baby girl but I wasn't sure of what I wanted to get. Tattoos are permanent, ya know?





So, as I began getting more in-tuned with my spiritual self, and reading, and trying to find ways to distract myself....from myself....I had a true epiphany. I decided on peace. You absolutely CANNOT go wrong with peace. Everyone can use peace...within themselves and within this crazy, fucked up, sometimes horrible world that we live in. Of course, being who I am, I couldn't get a boring old, 'peace' in English. So, I decided on 'Shanti'.....which is peace in Sanskrit. Forgot to mention....I went back to meditation along with my yoga (they truly go hand-in-hand) and began researching Sanskrit (Eastern language and one of the oldest) mantras to use with my meditation. It all came together and took a ride to my favorite 'ink spot' and I got a tattoo.








Yeah, on my foot and it hurt like hell but shit....so did pushing out my perfect little lifeless baby. I think 1/2hour of cat scratches is far more bearable than 24hrs of horrible, wretched labor, and having absolutely nothing to look forward to in the end. Gosh, I still CANNOT believe this is my life. Anyway, I chose to put it on my foot because I want to carry peace and I want to enter and leave in peace. It is something that I know I will always be working towards. How can you find peace after something so absolutely horrible strikes? I chose my left foot because in yoga, the left side always leads.




My 3yr old thinks mommy's 'Shanti/Peace' tattoo is pretty cool and decided she wanted one just like mommy. She also curses like a sailor just like mommy and knows the EXACT time to drop an f-bomb or yell out 'these damn crayons....what the hell is wrong with them?' in frustration. Funny how the things that would make you gasp and scramble to correct, now are so damn minuscule. I just hope that the next time she decides to 'tattoo' herself, she doesn't use permanent marker.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment