Sunday, September 25, 2011

First thing I did to keep from losing my fucking mind....

One of the first things that entered my mind after I found out that Areila was gone was....this is the shit that ends marriages. I quickly realized that I needed him more than ever and I decided that I was going to work very hard to make US work. I let go of the small shit! The stupid shit that kept us at odds with one another, instantly became so minuscule. We took one another for granted in the past and I'm determined to keep that from happening again.



My wonderful husband has been my best friend....the one I have shared my deepest, darkest and most fucked up thoughts in the last 4 months and he has never judged me. He mostly listens and allows me to be the now, crazy-er woman that I am. He has my back 100% and I can't ask for anything more. We are as opposite as can be in so many ways but we are a great team. He's my free ritalin, xanax, seroquel, etc.... When I'm going waaaaay off track and getting lost, he gives me the gentle nudges and encouragement that I need to stay somewhat grounded.


He has also become my shield and protector from the stupid shit that people do and say. He mostly "gets it" and gets me! He's also the one that sometimes intercepts the calls from my well-meaning, yet damage causing mother.

I have seen him in the most vulnerable light and I love him more than ever....

And when he does some stupid shit.... I'll have to remember to come back to this post as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment